We have an open Postdoctoral Position in Single Cell multiomics. The candidate will work in a project in collaboration with our colleagues at the Piazza Lab and MDC-BIMSB. The candidate will be mainly based in Berlin, but will interact closely with our team in Sweden. Please find detailed information and link to the application system following the link below. Application deadline is March 6th 2022.
The Piazza laboratory (
You will have access to state-of-the-art instrumentation including mass spectrometers for single cell proteomics analysis (TimsTOF SCP) and be involved in international cross-disciplinary collaborations. The successful candidate will take a strong lead in the experimental design and data interpretation collaborating with other team members.
Applicants should have a solid experimental or computational background, a strong publication record as primary author, and excellent communication skills in English.
The candidate should have:
- A PhD in biochemistry, systems biology, molecular biology or equivalent.
- A strong interest in proteomics and/or genomics and quantitative biology.
- At least one of the following backgrounds:
- For proteomics: general knowledge of label free mass spectrometry-based proteomics data acquisition with TOF or Orbitrap MS and data analysis with specialized software (ex: MaxQuant, Spectronaut, DIA-NN).
- For genomics: knowledge of NGS library generation, single-cell approaches (e.g., RNA-Seq, ATAC…) and NGS data analysis.
- Preferred experience includes familiarity with flow cytometry, or another cell sorting approaches
- Previous experience with work with human cancer cell lines, stem cells, and/or immunohistochemistry is a plus.
- Programming skills with Python or R is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in teams. Excellent communication skills.
A strong interest in interdisciplinary research and integration of single cell genomics and proteomics concepts are the requisite skills for this position, thus applicants wishing to integrate computational and experimental biology approaches are specifically encouraged to apply.
Please apply using the MDC website: https://www.mdc-berlin.de/career/jobs/postdoctoral-position-single-cell-multiomics-mfd